Friday, March 27, 2009

My Father Is Love


I feel it when I smell rain or orange blossoms
When I see a rabbit in a pasture
Or a big dog warming in the sun
When I touch the petals of a rose
Or touch the richness of fertile soil
When I feel the strength of ocean waves
And wind blowing against the shore
In coquinas hiding in the sand
A puzzle to solve
A line of pelicans flying by
A game of solitaire
A coke and crackers
A newborn bird
Shelling peas
Water skiing on a glassy lake
Pickup trucks
Fishing with worms
In laughing eyes
A hug so tight it takes your breath away
A touch
A kiss so gentle
A love that is understanding
A love that lasts forever
I thank God I have a Dad who is all this and more
And I thank my Father for showing me
All the faces of Love

June 16, 1991
Rosemary Estes Strange

- Rosemary wrote this letter on Father’s Day when Daddy stopped remembering. It didn’t help him remember but Rosemary felt better

No comments:

Post a Comment