Friday, March 20, 2009

Piano Lessons

When I was in the first grade, I took piano lessons for 7 years. My teacher's name was Mrs. Harrison. I took classical music lessons twice a week. I practiced for 1 hour everyday. In my last year of music, all her prize students competed at the florida Southern College in Lakeland fl and were judged by 4 or 5 judges. After that, I was in Jr High and discovered boys and I was tired of Mrs. Harrison. She was such a strict teacher. Mother definitely got her money's worth. I played on the piano a lot and played for church and Sunday School but mostly for my pleasure. I can still play, just out of practice. I can still read music. It is sort of like driving or riding a bike, you don't forget. It still gives me pleasure and if I had room, I would have a piano now.


Gloria (far right - front row) with her piano class at Florida Southern College

No comments:

Post a Comment